We’re looking to add 1 or 2 new members to our professional foodscaping team in Victoria, BC.
What We’re Looking For:
- a physically fit, energetic landscaper to join our installation & maintenance team, starting in March 2023
- someone who can work hard, safely and sustainably throughout the year
- experience as a tree-planter, residential/commercial landscaper or with basic carpentry is considered an asset
- someone centrally located within the Capital Region, ideally in Esquimalt/Victoria/Saanich
- detail-oriented person with creative and artisanal tendencies
- good inter-personal skills to become a positive member of our crew
What We’re Offering:
- inspiring work environment nested within a dynamic small business with over 12 years of unique project experience
- skill-building opportunities and experience in a wide range of food gardens and orchards – across dozens of sites and micro-climates in the Capital Region
- starting off at 2-3 days per week on a 30-day trial period
- starting wage between $22-$27 (depending on experience level and personal tool/vehicle situation)
- 90-day and 180-day reviews with the possibility to move to full-time (4-days / week schedule with health & dental benefits)
- flexible with time-off for holidays with notice
- vacation pay and sick pay
What You’ll Be Doing:
- regularly loading & unloading heavy tools, building materials, mulch & wood chips from truck
- daily driving of work truck in and around Victoria
- regular food garden maintenance: mulching; weeding; pruning; diagnosing pests & diseases of fruit and vegetable crops; fruit tree pruning, maintaining drip irrigation systems; courteous communication with clients
- food garden installation: building raised beds; installing garden edging; loading & unloaded heavy building materials from truck; moving mulch; keeping job sites tidy and clean
* We have a very dynamic and well-rounded crew, so if you’re not experienced in all of the above tasks, but are very experienced in others, please specify in your cover letter how you think you would best fit into our team.
* If you have applied to previous job postings in the past and are still interested in working for us, we recommend applying again for this specific opportunity.
Send Cover Letter and Resume to [email protected].
Deadline: Thursday February 23rd, 2023.