We Design & Build Food Gardens in Victoria, BC
We’ve been operating in Victoria, BC for 12 years! In that time, we’ve been so fortunate to have worked with hundreds of clients in the Capital Region, from residential clients to universities, schools, city parks and community gardens.
Our business specializes in creating organic landscapes that produce food year-round and look amazing! We also strive to create a regenerative work environment for our staff by providing meaningful work, health & dental benefits for full-time staff, and access to unique produce.
In the city, we build edible landscapes (or ‘foodscapes’) and orchards for homeowners, community centers, schools, and universities.
On farmland, we help land managers shift to perennial, low-carbon agriculture with an emphasis on multi-functional tree crops, soil health, and holistic water management.
Our Collective Training
In addition to our decades of collective experience, our crew brings a wide variety of unique training to your project!
- Red Seal Horticulture Training – Horticulture Centre of the Pacific
- Organic Master Gardener’s Certificate – Gaia College
- Ecological Landscape Design Certificate – Gaia College
- Year-Round Harvest with Linda Gilkenson
- Soil Food Web – Compost & Compost Tea Analysis
- Permaculture Design Certificate – Pacific Permaculture
- Permaculture Design Certificate – Living Mandala’s Holistic PDC
- On-Farm Permaculture Design Certificate (210 hr) – Seven Ravens
- B.A. Anthropology & Environmental Studies – University of Victoria
- B.A. Honours in International Development Studies – University of Saskatchewan
- Permaculture Homestead Design Certificate – Southwoods
- CANARM Rainwater Management Certificate
- REX Open Consultancy – Darren Doherty, Regrarians, Oregon
- REX Farm Design Program – Darren Doherty, Regrarians
- Introduction to Business Management – uVic
- Fundamentals of Project Management – Royal Roads University
The Crew. (Right to Left):
- Tim; our fearless site lead whose now in his 7th year working with us; born to foodscape.
- Tayler & Solara – project & business managers; garden gnomes; not afraid to haul mulch!
- Michelle – green thumb extraordinaire who can do it all; our edible garden maintenance specialist
- Blake – small scale organic farmer who works with us on a casual basis when we need the extra help
We serve Greater Victoria, the Saanich Peninsula, as well as design consulting for good-fit projects throughout Vancouver Island:
- Oak Bay
- Gordon Head
- North Saanich
- View Royal