Edible Landscape Design & Concept Planning
“Start with the end in mind” – Stephen Covey
We help develop sound, practical plans for the development of food security infrastructure for your home or acreage.
First, an on-site consultation by a Hatchet & Seed Designer will focus on matching your food-growing goals to your landscape’s potential.
We come prepared with a range of tools to help show you what is possible with your space. This includes a drone for an aerial photograph (if requested), soil probe, layout stakes, and a digital portfolio of edible landscaping elements that we build.
With our introductory consultation service, we explore possibilities for:
- intensive raised bed food production
- greenhouses, cloches & micro-climate creation
- fruit tree/shrub/cane placement, training, and/or pruning
- rain gardens & water management system
- culinary herb & medicinal gardens
- drip irrigation for food crops
- post & beam trellising & arbors for fruit crops
- livestock integration
- moving into a full design process if needed