We’re Hiring! Want to Join Our Team?
Position filled, thank you!
Our business is growing. As such, we're looking for the right person to join our edible landscaping team, working in Greater Victoria & Saanich Peninsula, BC .
We're looking for someone skilled, hard working and super-positive about edible landscaping & ecological design.
We are willing to train the right person in areas where experience may lack, but overall we are seeking a highly competent, well-rounded person who needs an extra day or two of work to fit into their dynamic work or study lives.
What The Job Entails:
- being courteous and professional with clients
- driving, loading, unloading work truck
- weeding & mulching
- pickup & delivery of mulch, soil & plants
- shovelling, forking, raking, 'mattock-ing', & trenching
- rock & stone work
- planting and tending to vegetables & perennial edible plants
- pruning fruit trees & berry bushes
- design review & critique
What We're Looking For:
- a positive, energetic attitude
- 2 years landscaping/horticulture experience
- farming experience an asset
- time management skills
- plant ID skills
- thrives with hard physical work
- cell phone
- class 5 driver's licence
- own transportation to get to & from client sites in Greater Victoria & Saanich Peninsula and to our headquarters in the Highlands (10km North of Victoria) * you do not need your own work truck, although that is an asset
- Organic Master Gardener (OMG) or horticulture certificate certificate an asset, but equivalent experience may work
- Permaculture Design Certificate (not essential but an asset to understanding the ethics of our business)
What We Offer:
- 1-2 days per week, starting with 1 (will discuss which days with suitable candidates)
- $20 / hr to start
- full WCB coverage + CPP, EI & vacation pay
- we carry $1M liability insurance
- paycheques bi-weekly
- a positive work environment
- the opportunity to work on a variety of sites, learning about microclimates and diverse growing conditions
This position is part-time. We can offer 1-2 days per week until October 15th. There is also the potential for casual work through winter depending on the weather.
Please send us a cover letter (firstname.lastname@example.org) explaining how your skills and experience will be an asset to our team! Let us know which days of the week you are available.
Position starts in June, so apply now.
We look forward to hearing from you,
- Tayler & Solara